Thursday, February 21, 2013

Guest Post ~ Isn't Our God Awesome?

     Hi ya'll! I'm Allie, Alyvia Huimang's older sister. I am an orphan lover and each one has a special place in my heart. I wish I could adopt them all! I am so grateful to have the privilege of being Alyvia's big sis. I can't even begin to describe my feelings about her! she has taught me so much, and she has brought me so much joy. I love her immensly. Ooooh my gooodness she is sooooo cute! she can be a little rascel, but, when she flashes that little cheesy, million dollar grin, Ha! you can't stay mad at her!
oooooooh! <3
 
    When I was younger, one of the things I prayed for was a sister. I remeber drawing pictures of twin and maybe triplet girls, hoping one day my prayer would come true. I waited. I wanted a sister so bad. After a while, i stopped drawing the pictures but, my dream never went away.
   After we considered adopting other waiting children, other children that captured my heart , but it just didn't work out, i was upset. But boy am I silly! God was in control the whole time and, even though i knew it, i did not dwell on it.
     I remember the day we said we would go to comittee for Huimang. We played a song on you tube that is one of my favorites. God tells us not to be afraid, and to trust Him. We were accepted by Holt. I was so excited! The prayer and dream of a little girl was unfolding. Not only was my dream coming true, but there would be one less orphan in the world.
     Isn't our God awesome?!
      I watched in amazment as grants and gifts of money flooded in. Though money was not a problem, my patience was tested by the Korean government. "No more EPs(emigration permits)? At All?"  this is a Charlie Brown "AUGH!" moment. But God could see the big picture. I could not. It took a while but God got my parents to Korea and back again (with my sister!) safely!
         Isn't our God awesome?!
     God answered my prayer in a way that is better then i could have ever imagined! There is one less orphan today! And I am the PROUD big sister of little Huimanga. it does not matter where we were born, or where we have been, because we are together now. Sisters forever. Just like God planned it long ago. God is so wonderful. When I prayed about and drew pictures of a sister, Huimanga was not even born yet. But God knew that me and Huimang were meant to be sisters. God worked out everything! Just the thought that I was chosen by God out of millions to be this girl's sister is...well...crazy amazing! 
        Isn't our God Awesome?! 
 i'm suched a blessed Unni (big sister)
 I'll leave you with a link to the song we listened to. It tells how God says not to be afraid, to drown out the world's voice, and follow Jesus. These words are powerful so please take a minute to listen. I'm not saying that everything we are willing to do will happen perfectly, or that life is easy or non- trying in any way, but when we say yes, lay aside fear, and have faith in Jesus, Awe inspiring things can happen! Dreams unfold, prayers are answered and Alyvia is an
Orphan no more!
 Isn't our God awesome!? 
 
 
 
                                        Daughter of The King,
Allie